The club organises two Nearly New Sales every year, the first in the Spring in March and the second in the Autumn in September. Both are held at St Faith’s Church Hall at the bottom of Red Post Hill in Herne Hill (click here for location information and a map). Entry is £1.
The sales offers members the opportunity to sell clothes, large and small baby and toddler equipment and toys, all in nearly new condition. And it is a great chance for anyone (members and non-members) to pick up some great bargains!
Funds raised are donated towards the Premature Baby Unit at King’s College Hospital in Denmark Hill and to fund some club activities such as talks by specialist speakers for club members. Last October’s sale was very successful and helped us to raise nearly £300 for King’s.
We charge sellers a commission of 10% (members) and 20% (non-members). We reserve a quota of sale slots for members, but other non-members, including parents without multiples, can reserve a slot on request. We start reserving slots two months before the sale takes place.
The sale includes a wide range of items, including:
- Large equipment: buggies, stairgates, travel cots, chairs, car seats
- Small equipment: breastfeeding equipment, other food related items
- Clothes: areas for 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-12 months, 12-18 months, 2 to 3 years and 4 years plus
- Shoes: from toddler to 4 years plus
- Maternity wear
- Toys: including bicycles, scooters, games, cuddly toys
- Books and DVDs: from newborn to up to the age of 5, plus specifically related twin baby and toddler books.
To find out more or to register your interest to be a seller please get in touch before the sale using our contact form.